Thursday, October 4, 2007

Contest Winner Announced


Bit of housekeeping: Long overdue announcement of the contest winner.
With the actual tally of shoes in my closet, pre-purchase of scuba boots, sitting at 14, that makes eLiz the lucky lucky lucky winner.

Grand prize: free stay at casa de Helen in Joburg for as long as you like. I’ll even give you a set of keys.

Secondary prizes to a select few who entered: almost-free stays at casa de Helen in Joburg. Price of entry: one bottle of wine. Red, please.

Thanks to all who entered.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

omygod, omygod, i can't believe it - i'm so honoured i don't know where to start (deep breath) huuuuuhoooooooh (/deep breath). I'd like to thank my mom and dad, for giving me the skills to estimate just how many pairs of footwear one should bring while travelling. And God, of course God, for being the Almighty and blessing me in everything I do, including guessing about the scuba boots. And my daughter, for her unwavering support in having more footwear than I do (though she doesn't own scuba boots).

Oh, and my agent - wait, I don't have an agent. Well, the academy of footwear will just have to do then.

I so look forward to staying at casa de Helen in Joburg - with keys, the parking guards, the broken chain link fence and everything. Though I think I'll sacrifice a few pairs of shoes and bring Clamato Juice instead!